Science for Judges
The University of Nevada, Reno has published course material for Judges entitled A Judge's Deskbook on the Basic Philosophies and Methods of Science.
- Introduction and Overview
- The Judicial Role in Evidentiary Decision-Making
- An Introduction to the Philosophy of Science
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research
- An Introduction to the Experimental Method
- An Introduction to the Scientific Methods of Survey Research
- An Introduction to Qualitative Methods
- Peer Review, Publication, and General Acceptance
- Data Analysis: An Introduction to Statistics
- Psychological and Psychiatric Evidence: A Brief Overview
- DNA Evidence
This material has been available for several years, but I am just pointing out that I think it could be helpful to any non-scientist looking to become more familiar with science and scientific methods.
[edited 12/15/09 to link to the pdf]
Labels: science education